Learning begins the day a child is born and continues into adulthood. We advocate for policies that support high-quality education for every child and pathways to success for adults.
At United Way, we advocate for policies that will:
- -Ensure every family can access high-quality, affordable child care.
- -Help parents and caregivers understand and support their child’s developmental progress.
- -Ensure no child goes through the school day hungry.
- -Create fair oversight of school funding and enrollment.
- -Ensure appropriate special education and support services are available in all schools.
- -Support lifelong literacy.
- -Provide the support needed to ensure students are reading at grade level by third grade.
- -Support pathways to success, including career and technical education programs.
- -Encourage and increase the use of alternatives to expulsion for helping children with behavioral problems.