In order to build a community of stable households, we must advocate for policies that both lift up families experiencing poverty and provide support to keep families out of crisis. We work to advance policy changes that set families on the path to financial stability.
At United Way, we advocate for policies that will:
- -Prevent water and utility shutoffs.
- -Ensure everyone in our community has access to nutritious food.
- -Help workers keep more of what they earn through tax credits and other support programs.
- -Protect people from the “benefits cliff” so that they’re able to transition off of government benefit programs.
- -Protect people from eviction and foreclosure.
- -Expand access to quality public transit.
- -Support workforce and job training programs that help people earn a living wage.