Utility Assistance

Apply for utility assistance and keep your monthly bills affordable

Find out if you qualify

Thanks to a partnership with DTE Energy, eligible consumers may qualify for affordable monthly utility payment plans based on total household income.

Live Chat Now

Join Us

Sign up today to receive updates on additional United Way resources.

Before applying, please have the following ready:

1. DTE Energy account number and bill mailing address as shown on monthly bill;
2. Date and amount of previous energy assistance received within the last 12 months;
3. Social Security number plus identity verification (driver’s license, state ID, etc.) and date of birth for each household member;
4. Pay amount and employer’s name for each employed member of the household;
5. Amount of unearned income received by each member of the household (Social Security benefits, pension/retirement benefits, veteran’s benefits, military allotments, DHS FIP cash assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Workers’ Compensation, child support, etc.);
6. Monthly and annual income last year for each self-employed person. If self-employed income was less than $10,000 last year, the person must sign the application; if more than $10,000, receipts for work provided must be included;
7. Proof of monthly amount of health insurance premiums, court-ordered child support and out-of-pocket child care costs paid by each household member.

Get help

For more information, call 844-598-7967 (9-5 Monday, Wednesday and Friday) toll free. You can also print the application through the link below.

Click To Print Application