Apply for utility assistance (LSP) and keep your monthly bills affordable
Thanks to a partnership with DTE Energy, eligible consumers may qualify for affordable monthly utility payment plans based on total household income through the Low income Self-sufficiency Plan (LSP).
1. DTE Energy account number and bill mailing address as shown on monthly bill;
2. Date and amount of previous energy assistance received within the last 12 months;
3. Social Security number plus identity verification (driver’s license, state ID, etc.) and date of birth for each household member;
4. Pay amount and employer’s name for each employed member of the household;
5. Amount of unearned income received by each member of the household (Social Security benefits, pension/retirement benefits, veteran’s benefits, military allotments, DHS FIP cash assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Workers’ Compensation, child support, etc.);
6. Monthly and annual income last year for each self-employed person. If self-employed income was less than $10,000 last year, the person must sign the application; if more than $10,000, receipts for work provided must be included;
7. Proof of monthly amount of health insurance premiums, court-ordered child support and out-of-pocket child care costs paid by each household member.