1. General Terms of the Agreement; Acceptance.
5. Intellectual Property.
a. You acknowledge that we own all right, title and interest, including all intellectual property rights, in and to the Site, and you hereby disclaim any interest. We expressly reserve all rights not explicitly granted.
b. Our trademarks may not be used in any manner (including in “meta-tags” or “hidden text”) without our prior written approval. All content included on the Site, such as text, graphics, images, audio clips, video, data, music, software, and other material is owned or licensed property of UWSEM or its suppliers or licensors and is protected by copyright or other proprietary rights. Any unauthorized use of these materials may violate trademark, copyright, patent, or other laws and is prohibited.
6. Copyright Infringement. We respect the intellectual property rights of others. It is our policy to terminate the access privileges of those who repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others. If any person or entity believes that such party’s work has been posted on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us at the address below and provide the following information: (a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (b) a description of the copyrighted work that the party claims has been infringed, and identification of the URL or other specific location on the Site where the material that the party claims is infringing is located; (c) the party’s address, telephone number, and email address; (d) a statement by the party that such party has a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (e) a statement by the party, made under penalty of perjury, that the above-listed information in the notice is accurate and that the party the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our designated agent for notice of copyright infringement can be reached at:
Director of Marketing
3011 W. Grand Boulevard, Suite 500
Detroit, MI 48202
7. Representations and Warranties; Disclaimer.
E. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT IT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
F. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, AND AFFIRMATIVELY DISCLAIM ANY SUCH WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SITE IN TERMS OF ITS CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, UWSEM DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OF ANY RECORD OR DOCUMENT GENERATED BY THE SITE.
H. The appearance of external hyperlinks generated by third parties does not constitute endorsement by us or our affiliates of any content of the linked third party Site, and we do not verify or take responsibility for the accuracy, currency, completeness, or quality of the content contained on these sites. Therefore, neither UWSEM nor its affiliates will be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information contained on these sites. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO ANYONE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO ANY USE, CONTINUED USE OR RELIANCE ON ANY THIRD-PARTY CONTENT DISPLAYED ON THE SITE, ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR OTHER MATERIALS RELATING TO ANY SUCH CONTENT, ANY LINKED THIRD-PARTY SITE, OR ANY LINK CONTAINED IN A LINKED SITE.
Notice for California Residents. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, we provide the following consumer rights notice: (a) we are located at 3011 W. Grand Boulevard, Suite 500, Detroit, MI 48202
(b) there is no charge for using the Site; and (c) if you have a question or complaint regarding this Site or UWSEM’s services, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us by writing to the address listed above, or by calling us at (313) 226-9200. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
9. Injunctive Relief. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, UWSEM will have the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in state or federal court located in Michigan to enforce these terms or prevent an infringement of a third party’s rights. In the event equitable relief is sought, each party hereby irrevocably submits to the personal jurisdiction of such court.
10. Limitations of Actions. WITHOUT LIMITING THE EFFECT OF ANY DISCLAIMER CONTAINED HEREIN, ANY CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISES.
11. Choice of Law. This Agreement shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the substantive law of the State of Michigan without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
13. Force Majeure. We shall be excused from performance hereunder to the extent that performance is prevented, delayed or obstructed by causes beyond our reasonable control such as strikes, riots, insurrection, fires, floods, explosions, war, governmental action, labor conditions, earthquakes, or natural disasters.